Thursday, November 15, 2007

OJ goes on trial... AGAIN!

I'm not a sports fan. I never watch it on television, and I've only attended a few sporting events in my life (most of which have been my son's wrestling matches). So I was never a fan of OJ Simpson when he was playing football, and his brief stint in movies and television didn't impress me much either.

In fact, the only time he really caught my attention was when he was on trial for killing his ex-wife and her friend, Ron Goldman. I thought he was guilty all along. There simply was no other logical explanation for the forensic evidence (not the infamous glove, but the blood of BOTH victims inside his car, in his private shower at his home, and on his socks). I was appalled when the jury did not convict him.

I applauded the jury in the civil trial for doing what the criminal jury did not have the guts for. We all know that there isn't any amount of money that can make up for the brutal murder of a loved one, but at least the Goldman family has made sure that OJ did not benefit from his crime (for the most part).

And perhaps now, with OJ facing a new trial on robbery and other charges (possibly including kidnapping), it will be time for OJ to really pay the piper. I mean, let's face it - jail is jail. Whether he's incarcerated for this crime, or for the previous murders, he will still be losing his freedom, possibly for the rest of his life.

Maybe this time justice really will prevail.

Of course, OJ had his own spin on things:
"This is what we expected," Simpson told The Associated Press before he left the courtroom. "If I have any disappointment it's that I wish a jury was here. As always, I rely on the jury system."

Yeah, I'll just bet he does. But he should also remember that another jury found him culpable for the previous murders, which ironically helped lead him to his current legal troubles.

Life lesson here: What goes around really DOES come back around again. ;-)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Visitors